Friday, March 09, 2007

Garden

I walk past a garden blooming
With roses, bright and dark
And I have my feelings brewing
Which should I take from this green park?

I see one growing by my feet
It’s so easy to take and to go
But when this rose dies, I may see
That the pleasure it gave was nothing at all

There’s one to the right
Looks so nice, so red
But the thorns catch me in fright
Of always having to regret

That I gave my all to take that rose
I tried my best, did what I could
But when the sun came up I saw that those
Attempts left me without a rose for good

One to the left looks tempting
Doesn’t seem too hard to reach
But her colors are just ever-changing
You can never know how will be each

Morning when I wake and look at her
To find more happiness to last the day
She might not be the same I saw before
And only make life’s pleasure go away

A bit further away, in the front
Another rose, not very nice may seem
But so tender and so soft
That lulls me in a floating dream

But I do not know how to take her
In a way she would not die before
I came home and gave her water
And had her stay for long time more

Finally, so far away, another flower sits
Great color, smell, thorns small
Easy to go and take her home, seems it’s
A perfect combination after all

But so easy to hold her behind my door
Nothing to fight for day after day
She’ll live as long as I just look to her
So why try more if it’s the same?

I walk to the distant rose,
I’d take her back with me
But still I look around to those
Which look tempting equally..


{Might just be the worst of them all that I have written..}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home